Call today

+1 (323) 451-5223

Mold, is a tiny organism that requires many elements to thrive:

If you suspect that your house is becoming moldy, you should have it inspected and treated as quickly as possible. If you suspect that there is mold in your home, seek the advice of a qualified mold removal professional. This is especially important for people with compromised immune systems.

Mold can cause irreversible damage to your property and cause water damage to your furniture. It can affect the quality of your air. Living in a home with mold or other moldy growths over a long period can lead to serious health problems; this is especially true for people who are very weak or have immune systems that may not be strong enough.

Mold growth is usually caused by a leak or condensation from a leaky pipe or a leaky appliance. Cooking, washing clothes while they are damp, or drying them in rooms without having enough ventilation causes water to build up. Droplets of water can also form on furniture and on a wall if it is very cold.

Mold Removal

Mold is caused by water being absorbed by moist materials. This may result in mold becoming a black colored powder on furniture or clothing.

Use protective clothing to avoid breathing mold spores. Close all windows and doors to allow spores to escape but keep doors closed to stop them from damaging other parts of the house.

Take away any soft furnishings, clothes and toys that are molded. Your bedding should be washed thoroughly and any clothes should be dried and cleaned by a professional.

Fill spouts with warm water and soap. You can use a lathered detergent on your clothes if it is a common soap you use for washing your clothes.

Use rags that have been thoroughly scrubbed clean in soapy water to clean mold from walls. Do not brush it off – doing that will cause mold spores to propagate.

When you have cleaned the mold, dry the rag using some clothes drying agent.

Wash the rags very well with warm water and use a clean bucket to remove any leftover mud. Throw the rags in a garbage bag and put them in a bag to store them.

All rooms in the house should be completely dry by wiping down the walls and using a vacuum to remove mold spores.

The Deadly Truth About Mold: Why You Can’t Afford to Ignore It