You may discover that your windows are letting rain water into your home, or that the seals that protect the windows are old.
You should also ensure that you dry any areas that have been affected by water quickly. Wipe any spillages that happen when you are washing your hands or using the bathroom, and also make sure to dry your clothes and the walls when you are finished washing the dishes or taking a shower.
You can easily check the humidity in your home by using a moisture meter, which is inexpensive and easily available from most good DIY stores. It is very important that the humidity in your home is maintained at around 30 to 60 percent.
Leaks can be caused by broken gutters or blocked drains. Check your roof and other exterior walls every time you have a bad occurrence.
It is very essential that you let air flow freely through your home in order to avoid having mold problems. Keep all of the doors and windows in your house open as much as you can and move furniture away from the walls. Open your windows when it is dry to allow fresh air to enter your home. This will allow you to have less moisture in your home and will help you to avoid mold growing.
There are some dangerous poisonous molds that you should be very careful about when you are trying to remove them. Black mold is incredibly toxic and is caused by a fungus called Stachybotrys chartarum. It can live on walls, floors and even in your clothes.
If mold is present in any of your rooms, try to eradicate it as soon as possible, and try to stop the water supply to your home. If poisonous mold starts to appear, it is very essential that you do not touch it or cause it to spread further. If you touch or move mold, it can cause an immense amount of dangerous spores to be expelled from your home and into the air. This can potentially harm you and any other people who live with you. If you suspect that mold has begun to grow in your home, it is extremely important that you contact a mold removal specialist as soon as possible, and even look at finding a suitable place to live.
It is not effective to use normal water to remove mold. You will also have to spray a moldicide to remove the mold. However, using bleach and water together can be very powerful in removing mold. Remember to wear eye protection, gloves and a face mask if needed, and to try cleaning the mold with a mild detergent and water mix.
Mix one part bleach with four parts water, and then scrub and dry the areas thoroughly.
Clean the mold with a soft cloth and warm water and scrub the area thoroughly. Continue to scrub and clean the area thoroughly afterwards.
You will then need to dry the area well with a wet cloth.
However, tackling the mold in a clean way will not stop it from recurring.
The Deadly Truth About Mold: Why You Can’t Afford to Ignore It