The time frame it takes for water damage repairs to complete will depend on how long it takes for the affected materials to dry. A safe time to believe would be 72 hours on average for 1 spot to be dry and ready for caution followed by 1-2 months on Water Damage Restoration in Hollywood.
We realize that many homeowners just want life to return to normal after a disaster, but each restoration job will change based on the share of damage and building materials affected. Sometimes the entire problem area extends beyond visible water damage when walls are removed and mold is discovered.
When the house was built before 1985, asbestos testing must be done before opening some walls to dry. After the analysis, the results take between 1 and 2 days to obtain. If the results are adverse, a restoration company like us can start drying out the water-damaged home right away. But if the results of the analysis are positive, then an abatement company (specialized license to remove asbestos) should be hired, and then they will probably do the necessary work to clean the house.
After the water-damaged home dries outside, our restoration team can begin the repair work.
Factors to Consider When Dealing with Water Damage
The most vital component when it comes to water damage is taking action instantly. Water damage is a sensitive period as the longer building materials are wet, the more likely it is that they will need to be replaced. Worse yet, water damage, if left untreated, can lead to mold.
The first step in Water Damage Restoration in Hollywood will always be to wash the home or property. The time it takes for water damage to dry is determined by:
- How much water was discharged or came into contact with all the residents?
- How long has water been correlated with all properties?
- How long did it take to reassess and stop the flow?
- Was the water contaminated with any substance?
- What building materials were made up of water damage or flooding?
We are licensed to manage every part of the healing treatment whether you need expert water damage restoration service or have a situation and need help right away.
Here we will go over the various types of water damage timelines and what you want to do in these situations.
Water Damage Period
- Minutes In: Within minutes, water tends to spread evenly across your property, drenching everything that comes its way. You will also find your walls, upholstery, floors, and belongings drenched in water. By the time the water slides off your carpets can get stained along with your photos, novels and other paper goods can start to bulge and bulge.
Within 1 to 24 hours When water damage lasts 1 to 24 hours, drywall begins to bulge and split, furniture begins to swell and crack, and metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Within two hours to seven days: You will experience mold and mildew growth and spread. Windows and doors can warp and swell, and metal can start to corrode and rust. If you have hardwood floors then it may start to swell and then wrap. At the same time, there is the possibility of acute biohazard contamination.
- More than a week: If water damage persists for more than a week, moisture and mold growth, structural safety, and biohazard contaminants can pose significant hazards to occupants. Along with this, recovery time and cost can increase appreciably.
Water Damage Restoration in Hollywood is an expert solution that can rescue your home and individual belongings from the catastrophe of an untreated flood or leak. It is undoubtedly a fantastic financial investment to take care of your assets.